Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day 79--Grrrrrrrr...woof!

Did you know that the average recommendation that a dog should be walked is 1-2 times daily? 

That doesn't mean letting them hang out in the yard. Apparently, they like to see, smell, watch, move, not to mention check their pee-mail. 

Ever since I began walking the pooches daily, their koo-koo outbursts have disappeared. No more growl-kill-wrestle death matches at my feet. 

Two dog enter. One dog leave. 
Actually, we really could use another hero.

Nope, they are mellow, happy and don't act like morons any longer.

Could the same be said for humans if they got their daily walk? Perhaps, although I still act like a moron occasionally. 

But by doing yourself a favor, you're doing your dog a favor, and vice-versa. And if I read one more article or post from someone saying little dogs don't need as much exercise, I'll go Thunderdome on their butt!

That's one dumb statement. A dog is a dog is a dog, and my chihuahua needs and loves walks as much as my giant poodle or my Dobie-mutt. 

And me. 

Have you walked your dog today?

Have you walked yourself today?

Later, Gator, 
Dani
 




No comments:

Post a Comment