Friday, August 17, 2012

Day 94--It'll all come out in the end.

This morning contained a lovely walk. I padded along the street with my canine pack, and it was quiet enough to hear the whisper of wings as a murder of crows flew overhead. The morning star played peek-a-boo through treetop lace and the air was ever so sweet and clean. 

So I thought I'd talk about pooping. 

Let me lay it all down for you: I have a lifelong fascination with elimination, inherited from my Grampa Joe. He had a stout belief in better living through proper elimination, and I guess it got passed down to me. He was really cool. 

Anypoo, about 25 years ago, I read some crazy notion about Number 2 in this super cool hippie book that a whacked-out hippie family left behind when they moved away from the duplex we shared. I cannot for the life of me remember this book, but I wish I still had it. It was crazy, man. 

There was a small section on why we should squat while doing our business. And even though the book was hand-drawn, and hand-lettered and had whole chapters on fruitarianism, that bit about proper poo-making really stuck with me. It made complete and total sense.

You are familiar with me always harping on how perfectly we humans were designed, so it shouldn't be news to you that I'm all for this product: 




In fact, this is so cool---30 years ago, it was nearly impossible to find these--you had to build your own! Now, you can get them in 3 different designs. My husband should be aware that one of these will show up in our bathroom. 

For those of you that scoff, think really hard about this: why on earth and in heaven would we be better off sitting at a 90-degree angle to eliminate when we were designed to squat? For anyone that can give me a reason with a straight face, I'll send you a jug of Metamucil. 

Let the good times roll, 
Dani

P.S. We're headed off to camp near Sequim this weekend, but even if I'm unable to post, rest assured there will be some serious walking!

2 comments:

  1. The idea that anyone can assume that position and not fall over is crazy to me. Not even as a child could I do that - and certainly not now after all those years of wearing high heels! - Tracy

    ReplyDelete