Saturday, August 11, 2012

Day 88--Waiting ain't great--An Ode to Foolishness



Hey, Lazybones! 
You, with your blinker
In your car
Is the edge of the parking lot really THAT far?

Will that front row first prize
Keep your hairdo less wetter?
Will your idle polluting
Make our climate change better?

Is it really a challenge 
To walk on your feet?
When your waist spreads some more
Is it really that sweet?

If your car wasn't there
Well, you know you'd be walking
Instead of your lurking and
Parking space stalking. 

Stop prowling the lot
And holding up flow
Just find ANY spot
And get up and go. 

Just park it and move
And maybe you'll find
That you get some fresh air
And shrink your behind. 


This is dedicated to all the seriously RIDICULOUS people who wait for a front row parking spot, blocking traffic flow because they are lazy; who circle like morons waiting for a closer parking spot, thereby wasting time and gas. And for the jackasses who have tapped their horn at me as I'm loading groceries and toddlers into my car, eat dirt. It's called a PARKING LOT. There are several spots, find one quickly and easily and get out and use your damn feet. 

That's what they're for. 

That's right!
Dani





1 comment:

  1. I fluctuate between the power of envisioning a front row parking spot ready and waiting for me and deciding to park in the back row so I can get some extra steps in. Time and circumstance are the usual masters of my whimsy; is our drive to be up front a learned response or a survival trait? I have a secret dream of living close enough to ride a souped up tricycle to the store in my old age :)

    ReplyDelete