Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Day 98-Brief pedometer reviews by a know-it-all

A pedometer is a good idea. It's a reality check and positive reinforcement, all in one. 

I've tried several, and so far, here's what I think:


Sportline 340 Strider Pedometer

This little nugget goes for about 7 bucks on Amazon. It's moderately accurate, nicely small, and easy to lose. Very basic and very inexpensive. 

Omron Aerobic Step Pedometer HJ-105FN

This Omron pedometer costs anywhere from $11- 17, and is very accurate. It does make a slight knocking noise when you walk, but does do calories burned and distance, plus has a memory for the last 5 walks or something like that. I have lost three of them. But I like saying "Omron". A lot.

After losing 5 or 6 pedometers, I went the wristwatch route. Got something similar to this: 

Bowflex
and it is the worst pedometer. It counts steps WHILE I'm driving a car. Huh? 
Plus, you have to remember to turn it on whenever you move. Not recommended by me. Wah-wuh...

My friend, True, told me about a good brand of pedometer she bought on Amazon, so I checked it out and ended up buying it. It's this:

Ozeri 4x3razor Digital Pocket 3D Pedometer with Bosch Tri-Axis Technology from Germany

Okay, let me tell you right now, this pedometer rocks. It's SUPER thin--like an Andes Mint--and registers in any plane. It doesn't have to be level to work. You can slip it out of its belt clip and into your pocket, your bra, you can wear it around your neck under your clothes---it's way cool!  Comes with a lanyard so you don't lose it. Normally costs $49.99 but is on sale on Amazon for $28! Get one, now! Yes! I like mine! It's accurate, it's small, it's sturdy, it keeps track of your steps for 7 days at a time, calorie expenditure, distance---wowzer!

I already ordered one for My Fella. He informed me last night, like the Stud Muffin that he is, that he is leaving the treadmill at his office gym, and walking outside from now on. 

Sigh. He really knows how to win a girl's heart. Well, he already won it, but he knows how to make me swoon, still. 

Walk this Way, 
Dani



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reviews. I have been looking for a pedometer, just because I am curious on how many steps I take in one day. I work in a bistro in a hotel, so running around serving the guests can get crazy! I have asked around and everyone says to try looking for a pedometer online. But I think you just narrowed down my search. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The old-style spring mechanisms required a pedometer to be worn in a perfect vertical position to count accurately. Depending on your body shape, a waistband pedometer might be tilted and not able to count steps accurately.

    ReplyDelete