Friday, June 1, 2012

Day 17-Overruled by Mother Nature

Today's walk was terrific! I went to my new favorite park, and it smelled SO GOOD today. Like Eden must've smelled. 

I saw some good stuff. Like this:
Nice cedar!

 
And this:
Slugtoe!
And this:
The Shell of a Mole, without its Soul. 
Yes, a dead mole. An owl must've dropped it last night on the way home from shopping. Did you know how LITTLE a mole is? Check it out:
I always thought they were as big as squirrels. Not so. 
But for all the nifty things I saw and smelled (didn't smell the mole, can't enlighten you on that), I was wondering what in the world I would blog about today. Got back to my truck, put the dogs in, and headed out. And here's what I saw:

None shall pass!
Oh. When did THAT happen? Clearly while I was walking, as the road was passable on the way in. Huh. I had to call 911. For reals. What else could I do?
Sadly, Jake the Truck is NOT a 4WD.
Within 10 minutes, the BIFD showed up with one monster chainsaw and several strapping firefighters. How lucky was I?
Hello, Boys!
This unexpected encounter really made me rethink the whole "leaving the house without showering" bit. And no, a ponytail does not count as washing your hair. 
Oh well. They weren't there to notice me, they were there to free me. Which is exactly what they did in less than 5 minutes. Firefighters ROCK!
Lift with your knees! Your knees!!!
And that was my walk. Thank you to the BIFD--prompt, polite, and all around awesome. You know they're on the side of good when Tootie didn't even bark at them. She barks at everyone initially. Not these guys. She knew better.


One of them even apologized, saying, "Sorry this happened to you." I told him that if I had to be stuck somewhere, I'd rather it be in that sweet forest of green than on an asphalt highway.


True 'dat. 


Enjoy your walk today. 
Dani




 

No comments:

Post a Comment