Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day 33--Home again, Home again, Jiggity Jig!

We had to tear down camp today and head home, which was sad. Three days would really be better, but there are things like jobs to work and bills to pay that bring us back after just a couple of nights in the woods. 

We retired our lovely, ginormous tent this trip, too. I felt all old and accomplished like, having to go buy a new tent on the way home today! 
I've been with my fella long enough to burn out a tent! We bought it when we had one toddler and one dog, and now we've got two big kids and three pooches. 

We had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun...

We had to retire it---it's had holes for years, but last night, the door tore out. 

Yes, the entire door, just as we were getting ready for bed. The mosquitoes out on Marrowstone Island are the size of sparrows, so we had to do a real "thar, I fixed it!" quickie job in order to go to sleep safely. 
Classy!

Then the kids and Jeff had some fun and put some bear-attack special effects in the side, for yucks. 
Grrrrrrrrroooorrrroooowwwwlllll!!!!

After we broke camp, we went on a walk out on Mystery Bay. Jeff took this picture of me. I love it, and not because I look good, because I absolutely do not. In fact, normally, this is the sort of photo of myself I would burn. 

No, why I like it is that I look entirely evil---like the Hansel & Gretel witch, like a spurned James Bond villain, like Scar if The Lion King characters were human. It's surprising how evil and ticked off I look, since I'm really enjoying the walk. It must be because I was freezing my @ss off at the time and the wind was pummeling me? Who knows, but I had no idea I could look that terrifying---I'm going to practice that one in the mirror. If someone looked at me the way I look in this picture, my bowels would let loose involuntarily. That's the sort of look that plots revenge, successfully. Yikes. 

Dishes to do, bags to wash, new tent to waterproof for the next trip, gotta go!

XO, 
Dani

 

No comments:

Post a Comment