Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day 23-Whoa, dude, your feet REEK.

Monsoon is the first word that came to mind when I woke this morning. I forwent my early walk in hopes of less torrential weather. After working and running errands, I made it out the door around 10:30 this morning and was rewarded with a soft, fragrant rain reminiscent of Hawaii. Ahhhhhh...

Padding along in my previously stinky toe shoes (I think I've solved that, now! Tell you in a minute.), and by chance wearing my "Maui" hoodie, I was feeling pretty good. Negative ions? Maybe. Sweet-smelling rain? Perhaps. Regardless, it won't be duplicated and it came appreciated, and now I feel even better than when I woke up---and that was already pretty awesome. 

One...two...three...four...yup! There's five!

Okay, so...if you wear Vibrams, or "Five-Finger" shoes--which is silly, because, der...! You also have FIVE toes on each foot. Well, Vibram has their reasons for the name, I suppose. 


ANYWAY, if you wear them, you may notice they get stinky after a while. Even though I throw mine in the washing machine, they still horde the stank. Enough stank that I can sometimes smell them when I'm standing around talking to someone. I KNOW! Isn't that nasty?? I always look disdainfully around, like it's someone else that's stinky, but I know it's my shoes. I think the person I'm talking with does, too. 
Dani Tries to Pretend it's Someone Else. It Never Works.

Sigh. 

However, I think I might've figured something out. 

Biokleen Bac-Out.

It's a frickin' miraculous live-enzyme, totally safe and natural odor, stain and dirt muncher. I used to use it on the babies' cloth diapers to digest the poo before washing. Anyway, these days I use it on carpet stains, pet barf stains, whoops-I-shat-myself-a-little stains, smelly drains---good heavens, the list goes on and on. Anyway, I was inspired to spray some in my stinky toe-shoes and WHOA! What a difference the next day. Uh-huh! Oh, yeah!


For all you thousands (hah!) of toe-shoe-wearers out there, you can thank me silently in your bedtime prayers tonight. 

You're welcome, 
Dani
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment