Saturday, June 30, 2012

Day 46- Oh, so tired. Rotary, rotary tired...

Okay, today I got up at 5 to wake my kids up at 6 so we could go stand in line at 7 to run for wanted items at possibly the world's largest garage sale--5 acres!--and then I stood with my stuff for 3 hours until my ride showed up. I'm whomped, and I'm typically one of the last to wither.

For those of you not local, the annual Bainbridge Rotary Auction is 5 acres of estate sales, tag sales etc, to raise money for Rotary's projects. People line up hours ahead of opening bell, then run like crazed spiders to get the item they want. I wanted a new elliptical trainer. Since husband has bum foot and can't run, young Jackson my son did, instead. I'm so proud of him. He outran grown-ups and claimed his momma's prize. What a kid! I'm so proud of his belief that he could do it.

We had to walk 1/2 mile just to get to the sale, and then we walked all day. But I still went out and did a small walk once we got back home, to keep my streak unbroken. 

However, I'm so tired that I almost laid down during the walk. 

So. There. I. Walked. A lot. 

And as much as I want to sleep, tonight is the launch party for the new Bainbridge Island magazine, and I got to write a few pieces for it, so I'm excited to go. I'll muster up the last bit of get-up-an-go I've got left today, and try not to look like this at the party:


'cuz that's how I feel...


gurbelmurblemummelmurf, 
Dani



2 comments:

  1. So glad you mustered the energy to come last night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I got to meet YOU and your funny fella--you two are too cute! Look forward to talking with you again.

    ReplyDelete