Friday, June 29, 2012

Day 45--And the beat goes on...

Change of plans, everybody...the blog's name has been changed to "Walk the 44 Days". Okay?

At least that's how I felt this morning when I was wedged between a hot chihuahua and a warm, strong poodle, their combined weight pinning me down onto the bed like a canine act of civil disobedience. HELL NO! WE WON'T GO!

But then, I realized that it might be the only time today I have to get that leisurely walk in, and I DO love these walks...so I peeled myself from my warm, steamy bed-nest, stretched my dog-smothered legs, and we were off!

And that is how I walk. Leisurely. There is no wacky power-walking during this blog experiment. This is not me on these daily jaunts:
Really. That's not me. My bum is rounder.

Nope, that used to be what I considered healthy walking. Now, after some alignment study and learning more about biomechanics, I know that the above Über-strider is not putting her best foot forward. 

Nope, I walk more like Shaggy, but with better posture:

That's not even two of me. But that's how I walk. Except with funnier shoes.
Arms swinging by my side, in a natural, reflex-driven motion. Not hitching up my shoulders and pumping my arms, nor clenching my fists, nor bending my elbows at my side. I definitely pay attention to my gait when I walk, and my alignment/posture. Not doing so would be silly--the machine should be working right when you run it. Otherwise this happens:
I just read that Paula Deen, an obese TV chef who willingly ate sugar and carbs with abandon for 3 years AFTER she'd been diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes, has finally lost 30 pounds. Yay! Then I read that she walks a little every day, and "hates" it. WHAT?! For reals, you hate it, Paula? Reading further, I discovered that she still smokes. With Type 2 Diabetes? So, you like your ciggies and you hate walking. Go figure. I had that moronic outlook when I was 16 and had an entire lifetime of body abuse ahead of me--now, I'm more realistic about the housing I was given. It's the only place I have to live. How can she hate walking? That's irresponsible for her to say that in an interview.

Paula, here is your alternative:

Very tasty. Very.

As always, walk today so you can tomorrow, 
Dani
 

No comments:

Post a Comment