Sunday, June 3, 2012

Day 19-Why should I walk? I'll tell you why!

One of the reasons I conceived of Walk the Year was that I have a deep, pervasive fear of being stuck in a scooter. Rascal, Scootabout, Fatty Scooter---call it what you will, but I don't want to be stuck in one if I can help it!

I remember reading an article about women--hot, high-heeled women--renting these scooters in Vegas because their shoes prohibited them from walking long distances. 
OMG! Walking is SO 1954!!


Really?? You'd willingly wear shoes that inhibit your mobility? 
Mmm...pretty and torturous!


Well, have fun when the Zombie Apocalypse begins, Tootsie!

Get out and walk and save yourselves! Augh!!!!!!


XOX, 
Dani

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up, but the reality is that I work in an office full of young women who sport shoes like those black and bowed lovelies up top. I want to send them the link to Katy's book and say 'have this with your starbucks this morning'. But they are young and beautiful and full of life and I am old and fat and slogging around in my crocs - and I guess I just don't want to sound bitter and envious.

    ReplyDelete